I look at this picture and think- gah, I can’t believe it has already been two years. This was snapped right before I was to walk down the aisle with my Daddy; minutes before I was to take your hand and become your wife. So much- yet so little- was about to change. Surrounded by our family and friends, on the most perfect June evening I could have possibly imagined…
two years ago today.
Since then, we’ve learned to become a team, to root for the same things, to pick each other up when we fall. These two years have been beautiful and trying; a blessing and a challenge. We’ve gotten great news and weathered disappointment. All in all, I’d say that we’ve fared pretty well, partner. We’ve been the stern bow of the ship cutting through murky waters and adjusting our sails to eb and flow with whatever direction the wind leads us.
And that’s the funny part about life. That just when you have everything JUST the way you’d like it- it twists, turns, and knocks you off course. Together, we’ve learned that it isn’t our route that will define us. Instead, it’s the journey together that’s the magical part.
So, today as we celebrate this mini-milestone of sorts, may we continue to set our sights on our future together. Because, as you so eloquently remind me on my toughest of tough days, this family is built on you and I and our promise to love one another through it all.
Happy Anniversary to you, B. I love you with my whole [very full] heart.
photos c/o the extraordinary, nick pironio // for those that asked: my dress is Amsale and the tiara is vintage Bagdley Mischka (my something borrowed from Jane)
- seemeghanblog likes this
- littlecageofmine likes this
- southerngirladventures likes this
- karabrynn said: this is beautiful
- karabrynn likes this
- tinsely likes this
- missjacobi likes this
- kimbaland said: happy anniversary!!!
- kimbaland likes this
- thedailycourtney said: Congratulations, and I LOVE your dress!
- thedailycourtney likes this
- charliebravo said: love this. happy anniversary to you & your husband! hope you have a blessed day. oh & e? you’re a stunner - that dress is to die for. xo
- hellokatie likes this
- charliebravo likes this
- fromcoasttoshore likes this
- lauraheartstaxes likes this
- kellykovetskouture likes this
- siximpossiblethingsforbreakfast likes this
- the-chic-life likes this
- petermcallisterthefaather likes this
- keylimeliving likes this
- katieish likes this
- ktbeezy likes this
- autumnlavelle likes this
- backinslacks likes this
- aliotakesonchicago likes this
- catherine likes this
- iamtallandawesome likes this
- nmattea likes this
- jackiebarnes likes this
- lady-ness likes this
- meganz said: Amsale dresses for the win!
- cupofchi likes this
- annlivesthegoodlife likes this
- happyhumanscribblings likes this
- erehwyna likes this
- whiskeybentandhellbound likes this
- joannafreed likes this
- heylaney likes this
- saraplainandtall likes this
- reneenicolesays likes this
- oh-onelovelyday likes this
- thegreatworldofmelissa said: Happy Anniversary! Love you!!!!
- almosthalfway likes this
- thegreatworldofmelissa likes this
- kelli-bo-belly likes this
- littlelaur likes this
- littlelaur said: happy anniversary E + B!!! what a beautiful, wonderful couple you are - i can’t wait to see what [good things!] these next years bring you! xo
- littlemiss-melly likes this