a cupcake and a story
First- the cupcake.
As a result of losing Baby Superman, it was discovered that I may have some potentially serious health issues. I won’t go into great detail but only tell you that I’ve had to subject myself to weekly routine blood tests to be sure that things are on chart with where they should be [relatively speaking of course].
My sweet nurse at the doctors office has managed to deal with my high-maintenance attitude for well over 9 weeks now- and knowing that her birthday was coming up this weekend, I decided to surprise her with a cupcake at my appointment this afternoon. For nothing other than to say thank you so very much for helping me along on my journey. I think she was pretty psyched that I thought enough of her to do something so thoughtful. I just love making someones day with simple acts of kindness.
And now, the story. (I wish it were a happy one)
Do y’all remember my friend that I had coffee with a few weeks ago? The one that shared the secret of her pregnancy with me and I- in turn- was finally able to celebrate my latest personal victory in feeling true, genuine excitement for her and her growing family?
I received terrible news last night. My sweet, caring, fantastic friend lost her (their) precious baby. She’s going in for a D&C tomorrow morning.
So, if you have spare prayers lying around, if you wouldn’t mind keeping my friend in your thoughts I sure would appreciate it. And if you can think of any words of encouragement to send her way, I’d be more than glad to share them with her when the time is appropriate.
I only hope that I can provide the guidance and light to her that you all were able to help me find only a few weeks ago. My heart aches as I know what she’s feeling all too well…
but I also know that once healing begins, it happens quickly. That once you’re able to close that door on heartache, you realize life still really is just as beautiful as it was before. That eventually your laughter & your trusty mascara will become regular fixtures in your everyday life. Until then…
one step at a time, dear friends. One step at a time.
- girlfromhongkonginnewyork said: My thoughts go out to her
- lizlemon likes this
- td-tinydancer said: My heart aches for her and her family. I hope she heals soon and I’m sure your kind and thoughtful words will be some comfort to her.
- heelsandhardhat likes this
- socalledlife likes this
- thedailycourtney likes this
- lifemoreexciting said: one day at a time, but the pain goes away. not that you forget (I mean how could you ever forget), but it becomes a more of a (sad) memory rather than a searing pain.
- epapaion likes this
- reneenicolesays likes this
- sashayrae likes this
- katunedited likes this
- muchtoyourchagrin said: you really are so incredibly sweet.
- muchtoyourchagrin likes this
- eandcgetadog likes this
- shesayswicked likes this
- saraplainandtall likes this
- qginger likes this
- my-little-kumquat likes this
- hershyscorner said: sending strength wrapped tight with a hug. one day at a time. don’t. stop. believing. xx
- perkieandmowgli said: I hope you are okay - and I am keeping your friend in my thoughts & prayers
- perkieandmowgli likes this
- maggie-explains-it-all said: Sending thoughts of strength to your friend.
- charliebravo said: she’s in my prayers, & so are you. xoxo
- charliebravo likes this
- galapagosgal likes this
- iamtallandawesome likes this
- justtttme said: many thoughts and prayers to your sweet friend…
- justtttme likes this
- melted-platinum likes this
- thegreatworldofmelissa likes this
- missjacobi likes this
- meandmads likes this
- colormecozy said: She’s very lucky to have you in such an unfortunate situation. I will send prayers to your friend. Thinking of you always, xo
- hellokatie likes this
- lookingforleeway likes this
- havealittlefaithinme likes this
- lanalikes likes this
- maggiemcg likes this
- nosmokewithoutpryor likes this
- dailyallison likes this
- cupofchi said: It’s so important, if people are able, to share their stories because this is FAR more common then people talk about it being.
- profashional said: so sad for your friend. she’s in my thoughts. as are you!
- cupofchi likes this
- sometimesdivine likes this
- kimbaland likes this
- profashional likes this
- kellykovetskouture said: Thoughts to your friend, and as always, wishing you the best. What a kind gesture by you today.
- heywhysoserious said: so sorry to hear about everything that has been going on with you. lots of love and prayers for you and your friend.
- umcanyounot likes this
- seemeghanblog said: keeping BOTH of you in my thoughts. i’m so sorry to hear about your friend’s loss. i also hope that everything is as good as it can be with yourself. sending lots of love and light your way.