Once in a lifetime we are blessed to find friends that just get us. That really understand the ins and outs of our “struggles”, that hear and understand our needs and wants, that can finish our sentences and understand our sarcasm. Often I think that it’s only once in a lifetime that we are graced with friends that fill these needs for us. And yet, this weekend, I discovered that wasn’t true.
that instead of one once in a lifetime friend, in fact I had so many more
Friends that hide in spots we would never expect. One with lives tucked away in cozy towns in New Jersey, Delaware, and Virginia. Ones from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Ones with stories very similar to ours- and yet, so different that it keeps us talking. Supporting. Understanding.
The beauty of friendship and life- to me- is the constant change. The moving piece we have to align to make happiness and control fate. Putting 12 brilliantly intelligent, witty, clever women together (some of whom have never met) in one place for one weekend could have been a recipe for disaster. And yet- what emerged- were 12 relationships that blossomed and developed and grew.
Into what? Only time will tell. But of one thing I’m certain…
sitting here on a Monday morning under the warm Southern sun, it sure is nice to know that 11 other gals [who grace those different corners of the East Coast] very much have my back.
- charliebravo likes this
- georgiegirlnyc likes this
- southerngirladventures likes this
- hershyscorner likes this
- hatesthesoundgoodbyesmake likes this
- britface likes this
- dailyallison likes this
- heelsandhardhat likes this
- kbjb likes this
- littlelaur said: was wonderful - cannot go that long again without seeing you! xo
- littlelaur likes this
- mar-see-ah likes this
- katunedited likes this
- megwhat likes this
- judiism likes this
- thepreppyhippielife likes this
- karabrynn likes this
- td-tinydancer likes this
- thegreatworldofmelissa likes this
- happinesshighlights likes this
- awaywegotoraleigh likes this
- galapagosgal likes this
- whiskeybentandhellbound likes this
- ahappyernie likes this
- tallgirltales likes this
- brookesnooks said: i’m sad i couldn’t jump on a 747, but i’m so HAPPY for you & for all of this! xo
- nosmokewithoutpryor reblogged this from champagnetoasts and added:
- nosmokewithoutpryor said: gah. this made me teary. i had so much fun. love you!
- nosmokewithoutpryor likes this
- accidentalextrovert likes this
- almosthalfway likes this
- maggiemcg likes this
- 808enidan likes this
- colormecozy likes this
- monkeychow said: Couldn’t agree with this more, E.
- heylaney said: Beautifully said. It was a weekend that reinforced everything I’ve already known for years: my internet crew is awesome & they get it. xo
- monkeychow likes this
- heylaney likes this
- missjacobi said: can’t wait for the next time <3
- haleystumble likes this
- meesharose likes this
- missjacobi likes this
- partyforone likes this
- fullcredit likes this
- kellykovetskouture likes this
- itslikek likes this
- sashayrae likes this
- livemylove likes this
- maggie-explains-it-all said: How fun!
- kimbaland likes this