random thursday musings:
I’ll feel like my writer’s well has run dry. Do y’all know how that feels? It’s like the previous 6 months & all the words I’ve had jumbled up, dancing around my little brain have suddenly all disappeared.
Perhaps this is what the boring old life I was longing for feels like- or maybe it’s just the lingering (read: the absolute worst) side effects playing tricks with my mind. But whatever is causing this writers block— I’d like to kindly show it to the door.
Needless to say, I’ve got no witty banter. Instead- here’s a little bit about my day:
- We’re expecting snow this evening. 2-4 inches they say. I haven’t seen so much as a flurry in well over a year so I’d very much like at least a dusting. [please and thank you]
- I have already raided the store for milk, cheese, and bread. Also- why are those the staples people scramble for right before a snowstorm? Why not hot coco mix, soup, and booze? I don’t understand that.
- new [to me] creation- sliced bananas, clementine pieces, and sweetened coconut flakes (as seen here). Try it- I dare you.
- I wore a strapless bra today for seemingly no reason at all. I think the chemo may have affected my logical reasoning skills.
- This whole Mantai Te’o story is making me sad. Half of me is broken hearted for him [that he may have been lied to, that the media is pointing fingers at him] and the other half of me is so confused about who is telling the truth that I can’t possibly begin to choose a side.
- Lance Armstrong got lucky a-fucking-gain. Wiesel.
- I have turned the space next to my desk into my own mud room of sorts. Currently dwelling there- my red wellies, my lime green umbrella, and my pastel paisley print lunchbox. It’s become increasingly aware that I can’t carry all three of these things at once without looking like a bag lady.
- I love Meyer Lemons. That is all.
welcome! hello! greetings!
I figured the best way to welcome new folks into the mix was to tell them a few fun facts about little ole EPH. You game for a little over-sharing?
- I am allergic to bunny rabbits. Angora sweaters be damned.
- My favorite color is yellow but I don’t have nearly as much of it hanging in my closet as I do hot pink. I’m not sure why this is.
- I have [had?] a tumor. I tried to name it Florence but no one else thought that naming my tumor was quite as funny as I did. ((related- thanks EE))
- Did I mention my sense of humor is slightly wacky?
- I’m deathly afraid of flying. I’m that girl that attempts to hold the entire plane in the air by gripping with all her might onto the bottom of her seat. Thank the good Lord for Xanex. And wine. [though, not together]
- I’m a bookworm. I like to be alone. Silence is golden.
- I don’t think there is anything relaxing about taking a bubble bath. period. end of story.
- Nor do I like printed butterflies. I love the insect; can’t stand clothes, jewelry, linens, etc. printed with them.
- I dig crisp white sheets, towels, and duvet covers.
- I’m obsessed with these chairs. But much like my affinity for throw pillows, I best not invite another seat into our home.
- The best part of my day- walking in the door to see Lady Windsor Louise giddy with excitement that her “people” are home. If you’ve never seen a Sheepdog shake their booty with glee, you’re really missing out. Come to think of it- I should really record that…
- I was a June bride.
- My parents are my heroes; I am a Daddy’s girl.
- I am faithfully loyal, a believer in good, the constant “Devil’s Advocate” in every argument. But I’m also feisty as hell when I’m mad. Just ask Blake about the water bath I gave him on Sunday night while entrenched in a pointless fight.
- There are a few things that I don’t want to define me as a person but I can’t help to carry with me everyday. I’m looking very forward to letting them both go this year.
- I’m dying to learn how to paint with watercolors.
- My childhood was happy. I have zero family drama. I adore my in-laws. Because of this I believe that- even through the tough shit- I still am one of the luckiest people alive.
- Kindness is contagious; pass it along.
Thanks so much for stopping by; I’m tickled pink that you’re here.
[too many here’s, Elizabeth. did I mention that sometimes I don’t know when enough is enough?]
a few [fun] things
because it’s Monday and because I felt like sharing:
- I discovered on Saturday morning- with his girls curled in bed around him- that my husband smiles in his sleep. There are few things ((early on a Saturday morning)) that have brought tears to my eyes quite the way this did.
- I can nap anywhere, anytime. Give me 5 minutes and I’m out cold. I sometimes worry that I have narcolepsy.
- I can’t spell for the life of me. [read: I just googled narcolepsy to make sure I had it spelled correctly (I did!)]
- My two biggest fears are flying and falling. Appropriate that they are almost interchangeable, no?
- I hate the taste of licorice.
- Until last year, I told everyone that I didn’t like raspberries because the texture (soft outside, hard seed in the center) made me nervous. To make a long story short- it turns out I love raspberries.
- I hate to clean the shower. Toilets? No problem. The shower? Totally foreign territory to me.
- I didn’t like To Kill a Mockingbird. I think this officially makes me the only person on the planet with this opinion.
What are some fun, quirky things about you?
fun fact tuesday:
A group of two or more owls is called a parliament and a group of crows is called a murder.
And now you know!
[relevant: my brain is constantly full of Jeopardy-esque, semi-useless trivia that I use as random water cooler chat on a regular basis]